Modern public utility jeepneys (PUJs) resume operations with 15 routes in Metro Manila today.
According to the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB), the jeepneys have complied with the requirements in the Omnibus Franchising Guidelines.
Cashless payment will be implemented in modern jeepneys.
The 15 routes in the metropolis include:
1. Novaliches – Malinta via Paso de Blas
2. Bagumbayan Taguig – Pasig via San Joaquin
3. Fort Bonifacio Gate 3 – Guadalupe-Market Market-ABC (Loop Service)
4. Pandacan – Leon Guinto
5. Quezon Avenue – LRT 5th Avenue Station
6. Cubao (Diamond) – Roces Super Palengke
7. EDSA Buendia-Mandaluyong City Hall via Jupiter, Rockwell
8. Divisoria-Gasak via H. Lopez
9. Punta-Quiapo via Sta. Ana
10. Boni Pinatubo – Stop and Shop, vice versa
11. Boni Robinson’s Complex-Kalentong/JRC vice versa
12. Nichols-Vito Cruz
13. Filinvest City Loop
14. Alabang Town Center (ATC)-Ayala Alabang Village
15. Vito Cruz Taft Avenue-PITX (Loop Service)
Additional routes will be implemented on June 24 and June 26.
LTFRB Chairman Martin Delgra III stated that 4,600 buses have been deployed for 31 routes.
He added that the jeepney routes must be interconnected with that of the buses. The deployment of traditional jeepneys and UV Express units is in the timeline by the end of June depending on the demand for public transport. (PTV)