Just when you thought that beauty pageants are just a show of eye candies with whistle-bait figures, runway twirls and a sprinkling of personality, think again. The recently-announced roster of Bb. Pilipinas 2019 Official Candidates is composed of forty (40) diverse Filipinas whose interests and/or professions are as special as limited edition signature bags that cannot simply be found anywhere else.
Consider these samples:
- A Kung-Fu Shaolin martial artist who has premiered a movie during the 70th Cannes Film Festival and who rules the road on a motorbike;
- A strong-willed Bagobo native from the Tagabawa tribe of Mindanao who grew up inside an amusement fair or “perya”;
- A ballerina from the Philippine Ballet Theatre company who expertly dances like she is in a trance;
- A Juris Doctor from the UP Diliman College of Law who looks like a fairy-tale Queen;
- A farmer’s daughter who works as a travel show host;
- An ABS-CBN celebrity who has appeared in the hit primetime show “Ang Probinsyano”;
- A former national team member in the sport of badminton who competed during the 26th Southeast Asian Games in Jakarta;
- A missionary/philanthropist who founded Sons & Daughters – a non-profit movement devoted to spreading love and support to the underprivileged.
- A Registered Nurse who writes online novels and has been read by close to 4.6 million subscribers to date.
- A Licensed Pharmacist who is pushing for the Hemophilia Bill while fighting against the misuse of antibiotics.
These are just ten (10) of them. Once you get to know more about the unique qualities of the remaining thirty (30), then you will get a clearer picture of the empowered Modern Filipina – an evolution of the once domesticated and objectified members of the population who are now bringing glory to their respective provinces in the national stage and to the country in the international arena.
What’s more impressive is that they add their respective causes and advocacies to the daily pressure of looking good, behaving in a queenly manner and eternally smiling in public – demands that they can effortlessly conform to. After all, this is part and parcel of what they signed up for.
Here now are the names of the Binibinis of Bb. Pilipinas 2019:
Binibini 1 Jessica Marasigan
Binibini 2 Denielle Joie Magno
Binibini 3 Martina Turner Diaz
Binibini 4 Malka Shaver
Binibini 5 Sigrid Grace Flores
Binibini 6 Jane Darren Genobisa
Binibini 7 Honey Grace Cartasano
Binibini 8 Joahnna Carla Saad
Binibini 9 Melba Ann Macasaet
Binibini 10 Marianne Marquez
Binibini 11 Marie Sherry Ann Tormes
Binibini 12 Gazini Ganados
Binibini 13 Maria Andrea Abesamis
Binibini 14 Leren Mae Bautista
Binibini 15 Maria Isabela Galeria
Binibini 16 Louisielle Denise Omorog
Binibini 17 Bea Patricia Magtanong
Binibini 18 Hannah Arnold
Binibini 19 Ilene Astrid De Vera
Binibini 20 Julia Eugenie Saubier
Binibini 21 Pauline Anne Cordero
Binibini 22 April May Short
Binibini 23 Larah Grace Lacap
Binibini 24 Jean Nicole Guerrero
Binibini 25 Samantha Ashley Lo
Binibini 26 Emma Mary Tiglao
Binibini 27 Samantha Mae Bernardo
Binibini 28 Rubee Marie Faustino
Binibini 29 Cassandra Colleen Chan
Binibini 30 Resham Ramirez Saeed
Binibini 31 Danielle Isabelle Dolk
Binibini 32 Mary Faye Murphy
Binibini 33 Jessarie Dumaguing
Binibini 34 Alannis Reign Binoya
Binibini 35 Kimberle Mae Penchon
Binibini 36 Francia Layderos
Binibini 37 Samantha Poblete
Binibini 38 Vickie Marie Rushton
Binibini 39 Dia Nicole Magno
Binibini 40 Joanna Rose Tolledo
Six (6) of them will be crowned winners on June 9, and continue with the journey of showing to the world how strong and beautiful the Filipinas are, inside and out.